Location: Salina, Kansas
- Big Cats
- Children's Zoo
- IT (Information Techology)
- Small Mammals
- Zoo Operations
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old and able to pass a background check. Have a tetanus shot and negative TB test.
- Must be enrolled in college and supply RHZ with a letter of intent from a professor, or have graduated in the past 6 months
- Applicants must be able to work in different weather environments, be comfortable with walking, lifting (must be able to lift at least 50+ lbs.), and time outdoors. Physical exertion includes repetitive motions and climbing on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work both as a team member and independently.
- Interns are required to work with the keeper(s) of their area to create and assess an original enrichment device.
- A one-time fee of $30 is required to offset the cost of the intern uniform shirt, application processing, nametag and training materials.
- Interns are expected to commit to a 12-week program. Interns will have a Friday - Monday schedule working from 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Rolling Hills Zoo is open 364 days a year; consequently, interns may be schedule to participate on holidays.
We will work with your college/university to offer college credit, however it is your responsibility to arrange this. We will provide any documentation your school requires for credit hours.
We are accepting applications for...
March 1 - May 17
June 1 - August 5
September 1 - November 17
Applicants must submit a résumé, cover letter indicating area of interest, and references
Attn: Zoo Internships
Rolling Hills Zoo
625 N. Hedville Rd.
Salina, Kansas 67401