Are you ready to Run for the Hills?
We're shaking things up this year! While you can still participate in our 5K, we are also introducing our very own FUN RUN! There will be LOADS of FUN at every challenge: get wet, get color, bounce, slither, crawl, run and more through our approximate 1 mile FUN RUN at Rolling Hills Zoo! Participate in all 9 challenges or be selective!
6:00 a.m. - Registration / Packet Pick Up on the Restaurant Patio
7:00 a.m. - 5K Run
8:00 a.m. - FUN Run, includes these 9 challenges:
- Mandrill Way - Get your color on as you
wave good-bye to our colorful mandrills.
- Save the Orangutans - Help save the orangutans by selecting the food items that do not contain palm oil.
- Foam Forest - Run through the foam forest
if you dare. With deforestation it might be the only forest left for
- Prairie Dog Tunnel - Make like a prairie dog to
crawl through this tunnel obstacle.
- Snake Slither - Get your slither on with
your best snake slither through the course.
- Kangaroo Corner - Bounce like a kangaroo through
- Foraging Fun - As you run through this
obstacle forge for a fun prize.
- Oil Spill! - Oil spills are a huge
threat to the environment. Can you slide your way through this crazy oil
- Penguin Plunge - You’re almost to the finish
line as you take the penguin plunge.
8:45 a.m. - Breakfast Served
9:00 a.m. - Award Ceremony on the Restaurant Patio
$25 Per Person
Join us for EITHER one or for BOTH runs for the same price!
Included in your entry fee:
- Complimentary Breakfast for you
- Breakfast available any of Your Guests to Purchase ($)
- Run for the Hills T-Shirt (Register no later
than July 29th to guarantee your t-shirt size)
- Free Admission for the Day to the Zoo & Wildlife Museum, including The Art & Science of Arachnids special exhibit.
- 1/2 Price Admission for any of Your Guests
- Professional Timing for 5K
- Medals for Select 5K Run Categories
- Special Surprise Medals & Prizes for Select FUN Run Participants, such as Youngest, Dirtiest, MVP of Fun, Most Slithery, Bracelet Win, Most Colorful, Most Likely to Save the Planet, and Most Penguiny
What is the best part about this event? Proceeds from this special event go to support
Rolling Hills Zoo’s education programs, conservation efforts, exhibit
enhancement and more! Now’s that something worth celebrating!